I love Thursdays, but all days that lead to Friday are generally good in my books so I’ve been pretty pumped today. I was only planning on going to the gym for a half an hour today, but then 45 minutes and a whole lot of sweat later I convinced myself to get somethin’ special at the grocery store. J was going to be in class until late and I was going to have some time all to myself – and what better way then to spend it munching on a delicious antipasto plate while watching X-Files? Winning combo if you ask me.
Not your cup of tea you say? Well this ain’t your blog now is it.
Take a look at what was involved:
- ASPARAGUS // Snaped the ends off. Steamed until dark green, cooled for 10 minutes and drizzled with raw olive oil and a sprinkling of fleur de sel.
- EGGS // Boiled for 10 minutes and then in ice water until cooled. Removed shells, and cut in half.
- CHICKEN // Roasted – Preferably from Inigo.
- PROSCIUTTO // It doesn’t get better than at the St. Lawrence Market.
- OLIVES // I like a little variety – from the olive bar at Metro ;)
- CHEESE // Triple Cream – La Sauvagine
- BREAD // Crusty and Chewy - Ace Bakery
Seriously people this was the food of gods… Treat yourself would ya?