DIY Antipasto Plate

I love Thursdays, but all days that lead to Friday are generally good in my books so I’ve been pretty pumped today.  I was only planning on going to the gym for a half an hour today, but then 45 minutes and a whole lot of sweat later I convinced myself to get somethin’ special at the grocery store.  J was going to be in class until late and I was going to have some time all to myself – and what better way then to spend it munching on a delicious antipasto plate while watching X-Files? Winning combo if you ask me.

Not your cup of tea you say? Well this ain’t your blog now is it.

Take a look at what was involved:

• ASPARAGUS // Snaped the ends off. Steamed until dark green, cooled for 10 minutes and drizzled with raw olive oil and a sprinkling of fleur de sel.
  • EGGS // Boiled for 10 minutes and then in ice water until cooled. Removed shells, and cut in half.
  • CHICKEN // Roasted – Preferably from Inigo.
  • PROSCIUTTO // It doesn’t get better than at the St. Lawrence Market.
  • OLIVES // I like a little variety – from the olive bar at Metro ;)
  • CHEESE // Triple Cream – La Sauvagine
  • BREAD // Crusty and Chewy - Ace Bakery

Seriously people this was the food of gods…  Treat yourself would ya?

xx

12 Responses to DIY Antipasto Plate

1. mariette thomas September 24, 2011 at 5:58 pm #

HI sweetie, Would have loved to share that plate of yours.OMG it looks great! and yummy… isn’t antipasto meat free… uh?
    Love ya. Mom

• admin September 25, 2011 at 10:30 am #

Well, I was trying to find the right word for it and Charcuterie is only meat, and a cheese plate is well, all cheese. Antipasto fit the bill and if you look them up online they contain everything! Thanks for the comment mom :)

2. Finn February 20, 2012 at 1:08 pm #

Oh my gosh, that looks amazing! Kind of a nerdy question but as a fellow designer I have to ask, what font did you use for this??

3. Tomoko February 24, 2012 at 5:42 am #

Wandered over from Miss Moss. I love this so so much. Takes all the pressure off of planning a lovely light meal for a chilled hang out. Nice work.

• Noémie February 24, 2012 at 10:10 am #

Aw shucks, thanks! Enjoy!!

4. Carolina April 12, 2012 at 7:32 am #

Hi there,
    love your blog!
    Any chance you could let me know what font you are using for this photo?
    Thanks
    Keep on posting! ;) x

5. erin | houseofearnest April 17, 2012 at 3:12 pm #

I just found this via Wit&Delight on Tumblr and HAD to come see it! this is TOTALLY the ingredients of a perfect night in watching something that I want to watch while my husband is out. Perfecto!

• Noémie April 17, 2012 at 10:06 pm #

Thanks Erin! It’s definitely one of my favourite things to eat, you can never go wrong with cheese and bread and other lovely nibbles!

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Miss Moss : Spotlight - February 20, 2012

[...] who runs the lovely blog As Ink Remains. i particularly enjoy her recipe posts, especially this antipasto plate which is the kind of food i could eat forever and [...]

2. curated: food on wood « infinitiff - April 24, 2012