This Weekend

Woah, this weekend went by like a flash and I’m kinda stuck scratching my head wondering where it went. I meant to be way more productive and then only did about half of what I wanted to finish. The worst!!

I had a mission on Saturday to go and try a few of Toronto’s bakeries… I figured a few cupcake or other baked good tastings would be a good way to start thinking about our desert table for the wedding. Good idea, but terrible when actually attempted: Not only are Toronto’s “best” bakeries all across the city, but their samples fell totally flat.  I guess I was expecting too much, so I’ll keep looking but seriously… It was a bit disappointing.

Other than that, well, the weekend went well. We started at Thor Espresso Bar on Saturday morning in hopes of trying out the famous Glory Hole Donuts we heard so much about (And read about on Baby Hedgehogs)  We failed miserably by showing up a few minutes too late. We shared a cheddar scone to curve out appetite and the coffee was good – oh and the people working there are the nicest!

We moved up to the junction to try out Bunner’s and walk around a bit.  Their gluten-free vanilla cupcake was yummy, and their cinnamon sugar donut was delicious.  Look at that icing!

Little Fish is also the cutest place – we shared an amazing mac and cheese and a salad.

I bought these colours last week, so not exactly weekend material – but they’re the colours I’ve been wearing! And look how cute they are with earrings my friend Elizabeth got me :)

Jason and I grabbed a few cupcakes to try at Puseteri‘s on Sunday – they have Cheesecake Factory, Bake Desert Co, Dufflets, and others (and way easier than trekking across the city!)  The Cheesecake Factory cupcake was the clear winner (we prefer moist for the cake and creamy for the icing, vs dry and fluffy…)

On our walk back, I grabbed a few extra bits for the bouquet I bought last week.  And some roses, oh, and some succulents… couldn’t resist those. Jason was a trooper – I’m sure I spent 30 minutes going back and forth between 4 flower shops looking for the best buds.

I’ve been wanting to try this out for the longest time.  So I did.  Avocado, Cheese, and Toast. yumm

And finally, the skies were golden on Sunday night.

Hope you all had a nice weekend…!

xx!

, , , , , ,

19 Responses to This Weekend

1. Mary February 6, 2012 at 1:39 am #

Your weekend sounds amazing! Kinda jelly.

• Noémie February 6, 2012 at 10:47 am #

Haha, thanks Mary!

2. patricia February 6, 2012 at 1:34 pm #

Oooo, I just got some avocados and will definitely be trying the toast you made! Too bad about the donuts, we always run into the same problems…always, always too late :(

• Noémie February 6, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

Haha I think we debated ordering 12 just for the sake of having a try. And then we realized we would get 12. eep.

3. JM February 6, 2012 at 3:13 pm #

I bet you were at Littlefish exactly when I got home Saturday, meaning I was right upstairs! Ohhhh that place. Also Bunners has really really great chocolate cupcakes. They’re a bit crumbly because they’re vegan, but the icing is the best.

• Noémie February 6, 2012 at 4:10 pm #

Do you live right upstairs?!?! LOL Judy we should so go there for brunch one day!

• JM February 7, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Haha yes, you’ve been over before, but probably don’t remember as it was night time. And yes, lets go there. Have only been once and I’ve been missing it.

• Noémie February 7, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

I have yeah, but I didn’t think you lived right above that place! Amazing!

4. ejo February 6, 2012 at 3:43 pm #

is the bottom one the cheesecake factory? it looks the tastiest :)
    also, love the succulents!

• Noémie February 6, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

Nah, the tiny one is. The bottom one was Bake Desert Co.

5. Gaby [The Vault Files] February 10, 2012 at 4:51 am #

Oh your weekend posts make me miss Toronto so badly! Love everything you posted on this one ;)

• Noémie February 10, 2012 at 3:49 pm #

Aw, when are you back for a visit?

• Gaby [The Vault Files] February 11, 2012 at 5:29 am #

I will be back for 3 days only on the 25th, and hopefully permanently later this year ;)
        Can’t wait!
        ps: congrats on making it to 16 min!!! Happy for you ;)

6. Tina February 10, 2012 at 11:24 pm #

live In Toronto too
    It is beautiful!

7. Maya February 13, 2012 at 6:50 pm #

Love your view! I used to have the view of the CN Tower but that 4 Seasons tower in your last pictures blocked the view for me! Little bit jealous!

• Noémie February 13, 2012 at 10:56 pm #

Oh that would suck! I lived in far too many basements so it’s mandatory to have views in my apartments now! :)

8. florist abbotsford July 9, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

Hi! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with us so I came to look it over.

I’m definitely loving the information. I’m bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Excellent blog and great design and style.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. A little lunch remix: avocado and cherry tomatoes | BHH - February 10, 2012

[...] about it. Instead, how about the Grilled Cheese Baguette version, inspired by As Ink Remain‘s avocado and cheese toast, lighty scented with a rosemary-butter then topped with a mashed avocado spread, a few cherry [...]

2. As Ink Remains // Happy 2 Years! - February 13, 2012