Oh Hey

Hey friends! Hope you all had a lovely valentine’s day – whether it was spent with a lover or a friend or your fur baby.  We stayed in, had indian food, and I promptly fell asleep through the movie we were suppose to watch. oops.

I also ran 25 minutes when I got home from work. 25 minutes straight! I thought I’d share that with you – High Fives?  It’s all about the music for me – good songs mean my legs go go go and slower ones make me huff and puff. I guess I haven’t gotten to the point where I won’t need loud music to distract me from my burning chest but, whatever. I did 25 minutes and that’s pretty awesome. Right?

Also, where the heck has this week month gone?  This week Ive been all over the place. I can’t seem to get my mind on track and I’ve been getting random anxiety attacks. Plain yuck.

On another note, I’ve been getting ready for a trip to New York February 17-20 (yay!) and making lists of places I want to see (the last time I went we didn’t see much because we were sooo disorganized but it was NY so it was amazing nonetheless) so it should be a blast!

photo from here.

Maybe you can help me with places to see and do?  I will be sticking mostly to Soho, the West Village, and Brooklyn (williamsburg/greenpoint)

Help?

xx!

, , ,

11 Responses to Oh Hey

1. Jill February 15, 2012 at 5:18 pm #

Whatever you do, you have to eat here: http://www.momofuku.com/restaurants/milk-bar/
    At least grab some cookies for the trip back home. Best.

• Noémie February 15, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

HECK YES! Thanks Jill!

2. Lindsey February 15, 2012 at 5:57 pm #

oh my goodness! 25 mins STRAIGHT!? you are my hero! and yes you are so right about music…i’m pretty sure I would never get through my cardio sessions without some tunes…
    Have a fabulous time in nyc…im more than a little jealous! definitely check out Sabon :) your hands will thank you!

• Noémie February 15, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Mmmm…. will do! :)

3. ejo February 15, 2012 at 10:24 pm #

bring me some of those cookies! and have a great time! xo

4. Patricia February 15, 2012 at 11:15 pm #

Congrats!! I can barely run for 2 mins straight. If you’re in Brooklyn, you gottta gotttta check out the Brooklyn Flea market…I’m not sure which ones are open in the winter, but I know for sure they have indoor ones…I think even one in Manhattan, have to double check on that.

• Noémie February 16, 2012 at 9:56 am #

Ooooh, I’ve been! It was great – I’d love to check it out in the summer too – the outdoor one with food would be awesome!

5. Lindsey February 16, 2012 at 12:00 pm #

i forgot to add, this song is a new addition to my cardio playlist…i use it either as a warm up or a cool down track…not sure if it is something you’d enjoy or not but check it out :)

6. Alex February 20, 2012 at 5:58 pm #

Just started reading your blog and I couldn’t help but chime in! If you go to Williamsburg (which you should), there are a tons of gems.

Maison Premiere — a gorgeous little oyster bar with dollar oyster happy hour and perfect cocktails.
    Catbird– a little shop on bedford with great jewelry and candles that smell like campfire.
    Blue Bottle Coffee — pour over coffee, moonshine marshmallow s’mores, and usually cute dogs parked outside.
    Diner/ Marlow and Sons — mmmmm such good food.
    Dun-Well — vegan donuts and french pressed coffee.

I could probably go on forever…. Have fun!

• Noémie February 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm #

Oh I wish I had seen this!!! I did go to Williamsburg and Greenpoint and looooved it. We had a great time :) Thanks so much for the recommendations!!!

7. Alex February 20, 2012 at 6:32 pm #

I just realized that I commented on the LAST DAY of your trip. I am not a careful reader, as it goes.