Friday Finds + 5 Things

This has been a pretty great week in terms of productivity. Unfortunatly this did not translate to more any posts over here, but guys, I’ve been lazy. Ok, maybe not lazy, but I’ve gotten my hands on a book which means all I want to do is read it and not do anything else. And I’m ok with that.

As for my top 5 wicked happenings this week?

1. I’m back from New York, which means I’m constantly scheming of ways to go back (ASAP)
  2. I’m newly 28, and guys, it feels great.
  3. I’m jogging a good 25 minutes now, which means that I could probably go on for much much longer, but I’m getting bored (shit) Any tips on keepin’ it fresh and exciting?
  4. I finally got my act together and made an appointment to get an eye exam. I’m technically blind according to my doctor (boo) BUT I just purchased two frames from Warby Parker , which makes it all worth it. I’m pretty pumped.
  5. I’m trying out Beast(!) tomorrow for supper, and possibly again for brunch on Saturday. Ohhhh gluttonous weekend, I love you.
Annnnnd as for my Friday Finds?

First up, this cantaloupe and prosciutto salad at Blog Milk – it’s perfection.
These tea towels from Grey Floral are lovely. (via The Veda House)
Note To Self has the most amazing (and addictive) Sip/Snack posts.
Billy Kirk x Opening Ceremonies = amazing. I want all the pastels.
This necklace and that ring from Totokaelo are killer.
I love this style profile of Laura Ellner on How I Met Your Style.
And finally, this is Streetstyle at it’s best. I’m in love with that bag…
Oh, and if you have a few minutes, please do read this thoughtful write up on blogging by Ana at Blog Milk.   It’s a reflection on her first year of blogging and I couldn’t agree more on all accounts.

I also write for Style Nine to Five – read my latest post here.

Have a wonderful weekend, dear readers!

xx!

10 Responses to Friday Finds + 5 Things

1. Patricia Ann February 24, 2012 at 4:39 pm #

Happy birthday miss! Wishing you health and happiness this new year! :)

New York is wonderful. I too miss it and always thinking of ways to go down there without having to take a really shoddy bus making too many stops in the middle of nowhere.

I have these amazing glasses that I wear pretty much everyday when I’m not poking my eye with my contacts. But, the arm came unglued to the frame but I love it so much I don’t really want to go out and look for a new pair. I think when my glasses finally retire, I’m definitely going to consider getting glasses from Warby Parker.

Let me know how Beast treats you! I have a loooonnnng list of restaurants to try out before my birthday. This weekend I think I’m trying out Sociale Enoteca or Smith’s. Ever been to either?

• Noémie February 24, 2012 at 5:25 pm #

I’ve been getting great deals on Travelocity – my flights were actually only 97 bucks after taxes so def give them a try next time you want to go!!!

I’ve been to Smith on church and LOVED it – brunch there is amazing but haven’t tried supper. You’ll love the menu design ;)

Haven’t been to enoteca though, but have been wanting to try! Let me know when you go and if you loved it!

• Patricia Ann February 26, 2012 at 1:01 pm #

That’s so weird you said that about the menu! I wasn’t going to mention in my first comment, but before I found out about the restaurant, I was browse online for design inspiration and found this menu from a restaurant called Smith. I saved it to my desktop and forgot about it. Then I discovered the restaurant and wanted to look at their menu and it was the same one I had saved months ago. Such a lovely coincidence.

Ooooh and thank you for the post!

2. Lindsey February 24, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

that yellow skirt!!!! :D
    loooove <3
    as far as getting bored while jogging…other than mixing up the tunes i'd say change up your route? or perhaps go the route in the opposite direction and see if you notice anything different that you may have passed by before without appreciating :)
    happy weekend lovely!

• Noémie February 25, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

Yeah, I suppose I need to get new music, ive had the same playlist for a while…

3. The Healthy Hipster February 26, 2012 at 7:12 pm #

Newly 28! How exciting! I just discovered your blog and am really enjoying the Toronto-based content and general prettyness of all your posts. As for mixing up your running I suggest running the same length of time but mixing up intensity so you go fast for a minute, slow jog/walking for a minute, etc. It’s great for your heart and helps beat the boredom! Also (and this is personal taste) but I often listen to Girl Talk when I really get bored on the treadmill. It’s like music for people who can’t focus on music. Good luck!

• Noémie February 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm #

Oh Girl Talk!!! I totally forgot about him but that would probably be the best for running! Thanks so much for the suggestion!! I’ll give the interval thing a try too – I wonder if I can set that up in my running app!

4. JM February 27, 2012 at 12:59 am #

Happy belated bday!! NY sounded like it was fab. Also, I am in love with that necklace, and now have something to dream about purchasing (and breaking the bank with), so thanks a lot lol

5. Jess March 2, 2012 at 6:42 pm #

I’m excited to see what you think of your Warby Parkers! I’m on the hunt for new glasses soon too—just got my contacts, but I still need some after-hours vision improvement!—and I think that’s the route I’ll take. :)