I hope you’ve all had a great week – it’s gone by fast enough, that’s for sure. I’ve started booking loads of appointments for The Wedding – hair, makeup, fittings… all that fun stuff that goes along with weddings. And to think all I wanted was city hall and some traveling!
Otherwise, here are a few of the things that have been making me smile lately;
- The flowers I put together last friday have all gone away to flower heaven, all except for one arrangement who’s flowers have held on a little longer. Ranunculi are a strong breed I see.
- I found out that Nicolette and Sarah host floral arrangement classes. I’m obsessed and vow to make it to one of their classes.
- I’ve gone from having a sore throat to a really stuffy nose and crazy bouts of sneezing – perhaps an allergy, but in the meantime it’s forced me to forget about my computer and to just go to bed at reasonable times this week.
- Speaking of Nicolette, I just purchased this book. I’m so so so excited to get it. Yes Flowers!
- Jason sent me a link to a collection of “25 outstanding Kitty-Themed Tumblrs“ (via mashable) (yes I love him for it). I may have already
wastedspent a lot of time going through them, and my favourites so far are Dream Cats and Contortion Cats!
And as for my Finds?
These blooms by Kate Scott are stunning. There is so much goodness on that site.
Margaret Howell’s home in Suffolk is equally mesmerizing.
This cat, because he looks so damn happy just rolling around like a silly goose.
This older photo of this beautiful woman (who btw reminds me a bit of my mom!) with braided buns in her hair… Kinda makes me want to grow my hair all long and hippie-like this summer (Hippie being a positive description here folks)
This 1939 Midcentury Modern Den is all sorts of right. How modern is it now!
And finally, for those of you who are also dealing with the stress of weddings, or perhaps any other stressful thing, here is an illustrative interpretation of The First Date (from the very talented Laura Callaghan).
Have a great weekend lovelies,