This post has been in the making for weeks, I’ve been meaning to make it back here but just haven’t made the time. It’s been a productive few months, and although I’ve taken a sabbatical from this blog I’ve kept busy in a few other various forms. I’ve noticed that my energy levels and moods sky rocket when I keep busy and interested in things. Things like a running clinic that I do throughout the week, and a ceramic class on Saturdays (which I’m so in love with) and a canning class a few weeks back, and a visit home last weekend, a new addiction to tea, a returning yoga habit, eating better (which is an activity in itself, really) and feeling better about myself and where life is going. Even if I have no idea where this life is going.
Oh, and of course there’s my portfolio. I’ve been working on cleaning it up… giving all of my projects a bit of an overhaul and getting the whole thing to look more cohesive. I’m not 100% on the branding but I’m happy with the setup. You can find it here. Let me know what you think will ya? I’ve also purchased a new-to-me macbook to get myself out of the house when I am working on projects, because a change of scenery and some good coffee is great for inspiration ;)
I’ve also been in the habit of making goals lately. Running and eating healthy were to big ones and I’m glad they’re going well, but I’d like to try to get myself to set a few goals for this winter, because otherwise I could very much just disappear into my apartment all winter long and you may not see me for the next 6 months!
…And drumroll please:
- Keep running past my clinic, in a regular schedule. I have 4 more weeks and need to keep it up past December. A big fat goal would be a half marathon next year… August?
Sign up for another ceramic class in January.(DONE!) I’m getting the hang of it now and would love to be able to make sweet planters for friends.
- Take more photos, because I’ve seriously been lacking in that dept. Learn to use my camera properly.
- Take a few photos of people with beautiful style. I don’t think we get enough credit for our style here in Toronto.
- Learn to be more productive and efficient on my computer/laptop. I’ve been a graphic designer for years but I’m sure I could use a few more tips to go all that much faster.
- Watch and listen to more podcasts on my way to work, while on breaks, at home with tea. I’m currently into After The Jump, Taste Matters, Ted Talks, and Lynda.com
- More blog posts! Of course!
- Get Christmas-ready at home. Lots of baking, get a nice small tree for the apartment, a few home-made decorations?
On another note, I have pictures!
A few of my planters from my ceramic class. I swear I”m getting better ;)
Magazines I’ve picked up over the last few weeks. I’m pretty smitten with Gather.
Some olive wood boards my mom brought back from a trip overseas. They smell so nice.
Guys, I love my new runners.