BEACH ADVENTURES

Vancouver’s been the most generous hostess with her sunshine and blue skies this summer, and on this rainy evening I’m nervously expecting Fall to finally catch up with us.  That being said, I managed to remember to bring my camera enough times to catch some memories of sunsets and beaches over the last few weeks – memories that should get help me get through the fog and rain that is Vancouver in the cooler months.

We rented bikes a few weeks ago and rode around the seawall, with a break for laying on 3rd beach and enjoying some sun and ocean water. It still boggles my mind that I live by the ocean – salt water and tides and seaweed and sand. Could a girl be luckier than to live by the ocean?

VanScenery.asinkremains.comVanScenery.asinkremains.com-3VanScenery.asinkremains.com-5VanScenery.asinkremains.com-6VanScenery.asinkremains.com-4

We’ve also discovered a few beaches close to home – some more secluded than others, and have taken advantage by smuggling in a bottle or two of wine.  Those living by the beach have gone in and made paths and installed swings on trees, those visiting do a bit of fishing or bathe in the sun, catching both fish and rays.  It’s a beautiful thing.

Oh hey, and the tide! I’ve been caught off guard by the tide; rising so fast – which I never expected. Beaches disappear at night and reappear in the morning, with the waves leaving small memories of the night on it’s sands and behind the logs. The logs! I love the logs. They certainly give the beach perfect resting spots for those on a romantic stroll.

VanScenery.asinkremains.com-10
VanScenery.asinkremains.com-22 VanScenery.asinkremains.com-21 VanScenery.asinkremains.com-20 VanScenery.asinkremains.com-19 VanScenery.asinkremains.com-18
VanScenery.asinkremains.com-16

VanScenery.asinkremains.com-13
VanScenery.asinkremains.com-11

VanScenery.asinkremains.com-23

How has your summer gone?

xx

7 Responses to BEACH ADVENTURES

1. Hai Yen September 17, 2013 at 7:18 pm #

Your photos are beautiful! I live just a hop and a skip away in Seattle and these photos really make think I should take another trip to Vancouver and do some exploring.

• Noémie October 1, 2013 at 12:45 am #

You definitely do!!! I haven’t been to Seattle since I was little, so I should be making my way down soon!! We should exchange tips on where to go and where to eat!

2. Emily Lynne @ The Best of this Life September 20, 2013 at 5:59 pm #

You are surely blessed to be living by such beauty!! Gorgeous pictures and scenery; just want to climb through the pictures and sit by the sea and mountains too :)

• Noémie October 1, 2013 at 12:43 am #

Oh, thanks Em! I do catch myself staring into the ocean, wondering how I got here – knowing that I’m lucky for the opportunities life provides :)

3. Melinda's Musings September 25, 2013 at 9:07 am #

Gorgeous! It’s always sad to see summer go, but I’m welcoming fall right now!

• Noémie October 1, 2013 at 12:41 am #

Yes, so true. We’ve had a beautiful fall so far – crisp air and lots of sun :)

4. Lindsey October 2, 2013 at 4:29 pm #

As always Noemie, your photos perfectly capture your surroundings and I feel like I can literally smell the warm salty sea air! You are so damn lucky to be living in such a remarkable place! I’m sure its similar to (but clearly far better than) the scenery here on the farm…no sunset, no skyline is ever the same..especially with the changing seasons and I’m sure that has been the case for you guys there on the West coast ;)
    Summer is sadly gone here and we are enjoying the warm Autumn afternoons and cool evenings and things are wrapping up on the farm, both in the fields and in my garden. Please let me know your mailing address so I can send you some of this years Salsa batch!
    Missing you tons and thinking of you fondly <3