Guys, I start my running class tonight.
I’m happy about it, and also kinda freaking out a little, which means I’m dealing with concerns like these:
- I’ll be the only one coming straight from work, and will have to change out of my normal stuff into my running stuff (and where do I put my normal stuff?!) and will forget something like my running jacket, or possibly shoes. worst.
- Everyone coming in and out of that store is a size 4. maybe a 6. I’m not… major concern. (although running should help remedy this?)
- Wedgies? Seriously guys, my pants are pretty tight and stretchy. What if???
- I know this is a “learn to run” class… but I’m pretty sure I’ll be the only one learning to run. Everyone else will be running circles around me :(
- My face. It gets mighty red.
- I will freeze my ass off. It’s January and I’ll be running outside. The “jacket” and “layering sweater” I purchased for a lot of money are so thin I can scrunch them up and stick ‘em in my back pocket. And yeah, I know it’s all about “layering” but damn it I need more.
- Ice. Will I need these.
- Seriously guys, it’s like -20 outside. What the hell am I doing.
- I don’t have a water bottle/keys/wallet/scrunchie/phone/etc belt. Do I need one? Probably yes. Good thing I don’t own a small dog.
- I don’t have a gps watch. What the heck does a gps watch do?